Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Glad I Tweaked

Expository Writing

Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation
I think this past week was a really important class. We covered a lot, including an exercise about writing descriptively, a detailed discussion of A Night at the Opera, an examination of assigned readings in our text, an exercise on self-editing, and a further explanation of the final paper assignment, to name just a few things we got into. I got the feeling that all this lowered student anxieties about a lot of things, and I'm glad I tweaked the class schedule to allow for all this. Sometimes you have to adjust a bit! Coming up this week is our screening of Lost in Translation. I'm looking forward to that. An unusual role for Bill Murray... 

No comments:

Post a Comment