Monday, April 2, 2012

Love & Hate

Writing About the Movies
I can't believe it's been more than a week since I've posted an entry on this blog. But, then again, I CAN believe it because I've been spending so much time reading student papers lately. Which isn't such a bad thing: Some of those paper have been amazing! Of course it's possible I've just been stunned by the polarizing effect that showing A Mighty Wind has had on this class. Some students liked the film. Make that LOVED the film. But others really, really HATED it. When we discussed it in class, the responses were fascinating. The students who loved it were clearly disheartened that the others didn't share their affection for it. Meanwhile, some of the students who hated it weren't curious enough to want to find out what other people loved about it. I guess I was counting on a little more curiosity...

No comments:

Post a Comment